Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Weekend trip to Milán and Gaudi visit back in BCN

This weekend I took a break from Barcelona to venture off to Italy for the first time in my life. I knew some friends staying in Milán so I decided to crash there. It was a great time - I saw a bunch of students from Richmond who I haven't seen in a while. The Duomo was absolutely amazing and we got a chance to walk all the way up to the top (even though I am afraid of heights...) While in Milán I figured I had to buy at least something. The problem is my current wallet is not big enough to spend on top designers. I bought a shirt at Zara, does that count?...




When going out at night I was amazed at how how fashionable the boys in Milán are. Sorry American boys, but you guys just don't know how to dress. I'm definitely going to have to move to Europe after college to find my dream husband!!

We arrived back in Barcelona on Sunday night. Monday we joined the ERASMUS international student welcome week program in a tour of Park Guell, a beautiful park designed by the famous Gaudi. The park was filled with colored tiles everywhere. We felt like we were in a fantasy land. In addition the park is located at the top of a hill so the views of the city were incredible. Props to Gaudi!


No comments:

Post a Comment