Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sitges!

Yesterday we went to Sitges, a small coastal town to the south of barcelona. It was absolutely beautiful and reminded me so much of Nantucket!!! It is definitely one of those summer vacation towns that dies out in the winter. The streets were very tiny and cute with lots of color along the buildings and balconies.

I had the chance to lay out on the beach for a half hour or so and got to swim in the mediterranean for the first time! It was definitely a lot saltier than the Atlantic. It was very nice to be at a beach that is not right next to a giant city because the beaches in Barcelona can be dirty and crowded. 

We found out our class schedule for the next two weeks. We don't start official classes until september 21st so until then we are taking an intensive spanish class every day. My class is from 10-12:30 which I am very happy about as it will give me the opportunity to explore barcelona and its surroundings every afternoon. I think I'll probably be making a few afternoon trips to Sitges again because it was just so beautiful and reminded me of home :)

2 comments: